Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday's Child

*UPDATED on Wednesday, October 29 (see below).

Monday's child is fair of face.

Tuesday's child is full of grace.

Wednesday's child is full of woe.

Thursday's child has far to go.

Friday's child is loving and giving.

Saturday's child works hard for a living,

But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day

Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.


I've decided Tuesdays are good days for trivia. I'm not suggesting that Tuesdays are trivial, but I can't think of anything else to post. So, here goes...

Tuesday Trivia:
Only one of the ten members of my immediate family (on the American side) was born on a Tuesday. Can you guess which one? (I’ve listed everyone below in age order.)

Mama (Vicki)
Daddy (Brian)
Taras
Kelly (me)
Katie
Joshua
Caleb
Alyssa
Bethany
Nathan

*Trivia Answer: Josh! He is the only one (so far) who was born on a Tuesday. (Congratulations to Alyssa for getting it right!)

Bonus Question:
How many famous—or infamous—Tuesdays can you name? (I'm thinking of events of national or historic significance, not the day you lost your first tooth.)

*Possible Answers:
-October 29, 1929: Known as "Black Tuesday," this day caused widespread panic as the stock market crashed at the beginning of the Great Depression. Interestingly, it was also exactly 79 years ago today (at the time of this update).
-June 6, 1944: Sometimes referred to as "D-Day," this day marked the landing of Allied forces on the beaches of Normandy during World War II.
-September 11, 2001: This one I remember well. It was the day terrorists attacked the World Trade Center towers in NYC. I was in my Freshman history class at the time, but I watched the towers fall on live news in my dorm room afterward. We call this one 9/11.

6 comments:

Alyssa K. Krebs said...

Hey! Is it Josh? Holidays on Tuesdays:
New Years, Veterans Day, I can't think of any more that are on Tuesday of this year.

Bethany Grace Krebs said...

Me?

Bethany Grace Krebs said...

I cheated and know who it is! I couldn't go to sleep without knowing! I won't tell til people guess though. :)

Bethany Grace Krebs said...

you need to post sweet sister!

Bethany Grace Krebs said...

are you going to post about your baby... once ya know something?

Ben Wright said...

When can I expect your next post?