This is me, Abigail, and my precious cousin Madison, taken while she was visiting my family (along with my aunt and grandmother) during Spring Break. We only got to spend one evening with them while they were here, but we had a great time. Madison really wanted to feel Abigail move, but she only got to feel one little kick before my sweet little girl stopped cooperating (have I mentioned before that little Abigail seems to have a stubborn streak?).The photo was taken about 2 weeks ago, so I'm even bigger than that now. But at least it gives you an idea of how fast little Abigail is growing. Her Daddy has started affectionately calling her "Little Bump"...but I'm beginning to question the "little" part.
She is definitely doing a lot of "bumping" around these days. And now there's a lot more baby to feel when she moves, so those little twists and wiggles have more force behind them than they used to. I love to sit and watch my belly while she has one of her wild exercising sessions...usually in the evening, about the time I'm going to bed. She also likes to move a lot in the middle of the night, and while I'm driving in to work at 6:30 or so (and right before lunch, too). I wonder if this says something about her preferred schedule...
Anyway, so far we're both doing fine. I do have to go back for a second glucose tolerance test, since the results of the first one were a little high. Hopefully I was just a little sweeter than usual last Monday afternoon, and the fasting test will turn out normal. It will be on Monday morning, so if you read this, you can be praying. I can't eat anything from midnight on, then I'll go in at 8:30 and be there for at least 3 hours for the test. I'll drink this lovely stuff and have my blood drawn 4 times or so. Not the most exciting way to spend a Monday morning, but thankfully I'll be done in time to eat lunch and still work half a day. Most importantly, though, we'll find out whether or not I have gestational diabetes. We're praying that I don't.
Well, that's it for now. Thanks for reading. Check back for more updates coming soon!
2 comments:
Yay! You finally posted a picture! We are praying for you and not as little Abigail.
Three more things:
1. I check your blog everyday.
2. I absolutely love your long comments because it means that you are giving sisterly advice which I love to hear.
3. I am excited about tomorrow too!It is going to be an all girl day and then we get to go to church!
Post a Comment