Thursday, September 18, 2008

A September Valentine



My incredibly sweet little brother, Nathan, gave me this flower to put in my office. (He's nearly 13 now, and not so little anymore, but I still think of him as my baby...and I don't think he minds it yet.) He sent it via Bethany, who gave it to me at church last night. She said he told her the flower will always make me happy 'cause it won't die. How sweet!

This isn't the first time Nathan has given me flowers. On the weekend before my first Valentine's Day away from home (my Freshman year of college, when he was only six), Nathan was was shocked to hear I wouldn't be at home for the special holiday. "Who will be Kelly's valentine if she's all alone and far away at college?" he wondered (for the record, Union University a little over 2 hours from my parents' house, and I did have friends, though no boyfriend). So, he made Daddy take him to Kroger so he could get me a dozen pink roses to take back to school with me. I thought it was the sweetest thing in the world, and I had such fun teasing all my friends at Union and telling them about my cute, blond, blue-eyed valentine! Every girl ought to have a little brother like that!

(P.S. The ladybug in the picture was from a friend in Belarus. I'll have to tell that story another time...)

3 comments:

Alyssa K. Krebs said...

He is the sweetest thing. I can't beleive that he is almost a teenager!

Katie Krebs said...

I love my flower that nathan gave me. It is wrapped around my computer and it makes me smile. :-)

Kelly said...

I forgot to mention that he gave you a flower, too, Katie. Sorry about that. I think Nathan is thrilled to have another big sister to dote on. Josh and Taras better watch out. :o)